Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United States, Allegheny
Number of texts: 1
The Phipps-McElveen Building at 525–529 Penn Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, was built in 1896 for Henry Phipps, Jr., an early business partner of Andrew Carnegie, real estate developer, and philanthropist. The building served as the location of the McElveen furniture store for about 20 years. By 1919 it was occupied by a clothier, Oppenhiem, Collins & Company who stayed there until the late 1930s. Thereafter it was occupied by Walgreens, another furniture store and a recreation center.