Near the modern village of Lupfig was the source of a Roman aqueduct leading to the camp of Vindonissa. Additionally, Alamanni graves have been discovered near the village. The modern village of Lupfig is first mentioned about 1273 as Lupfanch.
The village was part of the Habsburgs core possessions and is near Habsburg Castle. In the 14th Century, the rights to the low justice and property in the village went to Königsfelden Abbey. When the abbey was dissolved, the property went to the city of Bern. The municipality has owned a tavern since at least 1628.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Lupfig, Brugg, Switzerland
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com