Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, München
Number of texts: 1
The Englischer Garten, German for “English Garden”, is a large public park in the centre of Munich, Bavaria, stretching from the city centre to the northeastern city limits. It was created in 1789 by Sir Benjamin Thompson (1753–1814), later Count Rumford (Reichsgraf von Rumford) and extended and improved by his successors, Reinhard von Werneck (1757–1842) and Friedrich Ludwig von Sckell (1750–1823), who had advised on the project from the beginning.