Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
The Verney Dam was built by the hydroelectric Society Eau d’Olle, founded in 1907 by Maurice Lancey Bergès. The dam has a capacity of more than 16,000 CV. It was the base for the construction in 1909 of the first power line of 60,000 volts between Grenoble and Saint-Chamond, one of the first major electrical constructions in France.