Auteuil was originally a hamlet and commune with its own parish, and it was only in 1860 that it was merged back into Paris. The present church was finished in 1892, having been designed in the Romano-Byzantine style by the architectural practice of Joseph Auguste Émile Vaudremer, the diocesan architect. 63m long and rectangular in plan, it has a 50m high spire. Its organ has 3 manual and pedal keyboards (both electrically powered) and 53 jeux/71 rangs, and is characterised by its high quality, best adapted for Romantic music such as that of Widor or Dupré. Its original organ, by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll, has been rebuilt in Trocadéro.
Copyright: CC 3.0