Place Kleber, the largest square at the center of the city of Strasbourg in the heart of the city's commercial area, was named after general Jean-Baptiste Kléber, born in Strasbourg in 1753. In the square is a statue of Kléber, under which is a vault containing his remains. On the north side of the square is the Aubette , built by Blondel in 1765-1772.
Located in Strasbourg's historic center ) the area was classified a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1988, the first time such an honor was placed on an entire city center.
Copyright: CC 3.0