Putney Bridge is a London Underground station on the Wimbledon branch of the District line. It is between Parsons Green and East Putney stations and is in Zone 2. The station is located in the south of Fulham, adjacent to Fulham High Street and New Kings Road and is a short distance from the north end of Putney Bridge from which it takes its name.
The station was opened on 1 March 1880 as Putney Bridge & Fulham when the District Railway extended its line south from West Brompton. The station served as the terminus of the line until 1889 when the DR built Fulham Railway Bridge across the River Thames and extended the line south to the London and South Western Railway's newly built East Putney station where it connected to the L&SWR's new line to Wimbledon. Services from the station to Wimbledon began on 3 June 1889. The station has an ornate yellow brick façade at the entrance.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Hammersmith and Fulham, United Kingdom
More about this place of interest
This place of interest on your website
<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=en&params.poi.id=1561550" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Try this feature for free with a RouteYou Plus trial subscription.