The Church of St Julian is situated in Norwich, England. The Lady Julian of Norwich, or Mother Julian, or Dame Julian, a 14th-century anchoress, took her name from the saint of the church, which was dedicated either to Julian the Hospitaller or Julian of Le Mans. Essentially destroyed by bombing during World War II, the church has been extensively restored and reopened in 1953 mainly to act as a Shrine Church for Julian of Norwich. The Friends of Julian have a shop and lending library in a hall at the corner of the street.
Copyright: CC 3.0