Rockoxhuis

Fuente: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, 01-01-1987, ©Vlaamse Gemeenschap

Derechos de autor: All rights reserved

Descripción

In 1603, Mayor Nicolaas Rockox (1560-1640) bought the house known as "Sint-Jacob", also called "Den Gulden Rinck" (number 10) and the adjoining house (number 12) and rebuilt both properties into a single entity in Renaissance style. In 1714, the house was sold and partially renovated. This is referenced by the year 1715 on the pediment of number 10. Restoration works took place from 1916-1919 commissioned by the Reverend Mr. Cl. Ulens: architect Jules Bilmeyer built the gallery with corner tower in the large inner courtyard in 1916. His son, architect Edouard Bilmeyer, restored the facade of number 10 in 1919, adding the gate in Baroque style. A thorough restoration occurred from 1972-1977 under the direction of architects Joseph Louis Stynen and Richard De Bruyn, commissioned by the Kredietbank, which had rejected the property in 1970. Since then, it has been the Rockox House museum. A patrician residence with nine bays and two building levels, with a natural stone facade (number 10) on the right and a brick and sandstone facade (number 12) on the left. Number 10. Five bays and two building levels under a gabled roof with side gables of ten and nine steps, raised with a late Baroque dormer window between the wings under a triangular pediment - with the year 1715 in a cartouche - crowned with a gilded weather vane. Anchored sandstone facade with rectangular basement mouths, scaffolding holes, and a hollow rounded eave; adapted rectangular windows under a wedge-shaped relieving system (preserved on the upper floor) on the ground floor with bars and on the upper floor with continuous profiled lower sills. A hardstone portal was installed following the facade restoration by Edouard Bilmeyer in 1919, replacing a late-classical gate from around 1800. The portal is inspired by that of the beguinage in Diest: wooden round-arched door with a sculpted broker in a fluted round arch on block pilasters with lion heads and Ionic capitals; cartouche key with inscription: "In this house / lived / NIC. ROCKOX / Mayor / of this city / 1603-1640". Spandrels with volutes and moulding, heavy entablature under a corniced water table with volutes and top vases, and in the center, a richly framed round-arched niche containing a depiction of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows by E. Declercq from 1921, made of German sandstone.

Fuente

Fuente: Manderyck, Madeleine; Plomteux, Greet & Steyaert, Rita (1979)

Derechos de autor: All rights reserved

Más información

Traducido por OpenAI

BE | | Pública | AlemánDanésEspañolFrancésItalianoNeerlandés

Información de contacto

Dirección: Keizerstraat 10, Antwerpen

Estadísticas

¿Busca rutas que pasen por aquí?

Rutas cercanas
Publicidad

Actividades para hacer en la zona Mostrar todo

Selecciona una de las actividades más populares a continuación o afina tu búsqueda

- Selecciones de RouteYou -

Descubre las rutas más bonitas y populares de la zona, cuidadosamente agrupadas y seleccionadas.

Publicidad

Fuente: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, 01-01-1987, ©Vlaamse Gemeenschap

Derechos de autor: All rights reserved

Lugares de interés en la zona Mostrar todo

Selecciona una de las categorías más populares a continuación o inspírate en nuestras selecciones

- Selecciones de RouteYou -

Descubre los lugares de interés más bonitos y populares de la zona, cuidadosamente agrupados y selecciondos.

Destinos cercanos

Publicidad

Fuente: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, 01-01-1987, ©Vlaamse Gemeenschap

Derechos de autor: All rights reserved

Planifique su ruta

Con RouteYou, es fácil crear tus propios mapas personalizados. Simplemente traza tu ruta, agrega puntos de ruta o nodos, agrega lugares de interés, lugares para comer y beber, y luego compártelo fácilmente con tu familia y amigos.

Planificador de rutas

Planificador de rutas

Este lugar de interés en su página web

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=es&amp;params.poi.id=3179600&amp;params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Más de 11.800.000 rutas


Más de 15.000.000 usuarios


Más de 4.500.000 lugares de interés

Dirección

Kerkstraat 108

9050 Gentbrugge, Bélgica

Síguenos

Descargar la aplicación gratuita

Contacto

Mercadotecnia y ventas

sales@routeyou.com

Consultas generales

Equipo de atención al cliente Centro de Ayuda

© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com