Very beautiful timber-framed building, probably from the very beginning of the 19th century, which once housed the tannery ‘t Serstevens.
Purchased in 1923 by Jules Crismer, the tannery was converted into a grain mill.
The Folklore Brotherhood of the Blancs Moussis of Stavelot became the owner in 1981.
It is now the last vestige of the leather industry that constituted the economic wealth of Stavelot from the 16th century until shortly after the Second World War.
And, aware of being the heir to a historic building, the Brotherhood felt it was their duty to ensure its preservation. This is the reason for the restoration campaign launched since 2004 with the support of the King Baudouin Foundation, the collaboration of the Walloon Region, and the Walloon Heritage Institute.
The Blancs Moussis also continue to perpetuate the Carnival tradition.
Every year, on the 3rd Sunday before Easter, they enliven the town during the grand carnival parade of Laetare (+- 2000 participants including a minimum of 400 Blancs Moussis).
Auteursrechten: All rights reserved
| | Publiek | Deens • Duits • Frans • Italiaans • Nederlands • Spaans
Selecteer hieronder één van de populairste activiteiten of verfijn je zoekopdracht.
Ontdek de mooiste en meest populaire routes in de buurt, zorgvuldig gebundeld in passende selecties.
Selecteer hieronder één van de populairste categorieën of laat je inspireren door onze selecties.
Ontdek de mooiste en meest populaire bezienswaardigheden in de buurt, zorgvuldig gebundeld in passende selecties.
Met RouteYou kan je eenvoudig zelf aangepaste kaarten maken. Stippel je route uit, voeg waypoints of knooppunten toe, plan bezienswaardigheden en eet- en drinkgelegenheden in en deel alles met je familie en vrienden.
Routeplanner

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=nl&params.poi.id=2323800&params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com