Places of Interest nearby
- Botanischer Garten der TU Darmstadt
- Merck Group
- Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung
- European Space Operations Centre
- Jonathan-Heimes-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
- People's State of Hesse
- Gesellschaft zur wissenschaftlichen Untersuchung von Parawissenschaften
- Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt
- Vortex Garten
Location address: Deutschland, Darmstadt
Number of texts: 1
Darmstadt-Dieburg is a Kreis in the south of Hesse, Germany. Neighboring districts are Offenbach, Aschaffenburg, Miltenberg, Odenwaldkreis, Bergstraße, Groß-Gerau, and the district-free city of Darmstadt, which it surrounds.
The district was created in 1975 by merging the previous districts of Darmstadt and Dieburg. In 1963 the district was twinned with the district of North East Derbyshire, England, in 1990 with the district Zwickauer Land in Saxony, Germany, and in 1995 with the Mladá Boleslav region in the Czech Republic.