Places of Interest nearby
- Botanischer Garten der TU Darmstadt
- Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung
- Jonathan-Heimes-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
- Merck Group
- European Space Operations Centre
- People's State of Hesse
- Gesellschaft zur wissenschaftlichen Untersuchung von Parawissenschaften
- Vortex Garten
- Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt
Location address: Deutschland, Darmstadt
Number of texts: 1
Darmstadt-Dieburg is a Kreis in the south of Hesse, Germany. Neighboring districts are Offenbach, Aschaffenburg, Miltenberg, Odenwaldkreis, Bergstraße, Groß-Gerau, and the district-free city of Darmstadt, which it surrounds.
The district was created in 1975 by merging the previous districts of Darmstadt and Dieburg. In 1963 the district was twinned with the district of North East Derbyshire, England, in 1990 with the district Zwickauer Land in Saxony, Germany, and in 1995 with the Mladá Boleslav region in the Czech Republic.