Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Wakefield
Number of texts: 1
The Church of St John the Divine, designed by William Swinden Barber, was built as a mission church in 1892–1893 in the parish of St James, Chapelthorpe, Crigglestone, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. It was funded by local benefactor Mary Mackie in memory of her husband. It is of Gothic Revival and Arts and Crafts design. The exterior is small, plain and simple and the interior is low church; nevertheless the interior contains a fine scissor-truss roof which retains its original 1892 stencil paintings. The church is still in commission as a shared benefice with the parish church of St James, Chapelthorpe.