Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Lincoln
Number of texts: 1
It opened on 25 January 1874. It was also known as Scholae Cancellarii. The building it occupied on Drury Lane, which was originally the County Infimary, closed in 1995, after having its permit as a college recognised for ordination training was withdrawn by the Church of England citing a to low numbers of candidates nationally. The College had wanted to remain, developing a research institution, possibly affiliated to a nearby university. The buildings are now owned by the Lincoln Theological Institute for the Study of Religion and Society (a registered charity), based at the University of Manchester, established in 1997 by Martyn Percy.