Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Runnymede
Number of texts: 1
The Drill Hall Library in North Road, Chatham, was built as a military drill hall in 1902, for the Royal Navy as part of HMS Pembroke shore establishment and barracks. After the barracks closed in 1984. The Grade II listed buildings of the barracks, which include the Captain’s House (now a Solicitor’s Offices), a Mess block (now University Offices and Restaurant), the Pilkington Building (now a cafe, student services and a lecture theatre), the four barrack blocks (now various lecture rooms), the Gymnasium, and the surrounding walls of barracks were then redeveloped as part of the Universities at Medway, a tri-partite collaboration of the University of Greenwich, the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University on a single campus. The three universities share use of the Drill Hall Library.