Located on the heights of the village, this beautiful chapel is a small Gothic building built in 1636 in sandstone and quarry limestone .
It was probably built from an older, perhaps medieval structure. The slate roof is crowned by a beautiful pinnacle surmounted by a wrought iron cross . Inside, on the west gable wall, the first stone survives, dated 1636 and decorated with the coat of arms of the Massbourg-Mombeecks, then lords of the town and owners of the neighboring castle.
The chapel houses notable furniture, mainly from the 17th and 18th centuries, as well as statues attributed to the Master of Waha, an unknown sculptor mainly active in the region in the first half of the 16th century.
The chapel is under monument protection.
Source: Willem Vandenameele
More about this place of interest
<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=en&params.poi.id=8427036" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>