In the early 13th century, there was already mention of a chapel in Meersel, dedicated to Saint Quirinus and Saint Lucia. Commissioned by Jan IV of Cuijk, who was lord of Hoogstraten, a new chapel was built around 1420. The nave of the chapel likely dates from this time.
Around 1542, the transept and the choir were built.
In the first half of the 17th century, the chapel fell into disrepair, but around 1643 the chapel was restored and provided with new furnishings. Only in the third quarter of the 17th century was the thatched roof replaced with slates.
After World War II, the chapel gradually fell into disrepair again and in 1972 it was taken out of service. Restoration work was then carried out, and from 1981 the little church was again put into use for worship.
| | Public | Italien • allemand • danois • espagnol • français • néerlandais
Adresse: Meersel 24, 2328 Hoogstraten, Vlaams Gewest, Belgique
Statistiques
Sélectionnez l'une des activités les plus populaires ci-dessous ou affinez votre recherche
Découvrez les plus beaux et les plus populaires itinéraires du secteur, soigneusement regroupés dans des sélections appropriées.
Sélectionnez l'une des catégories les plus populaires ci-dessous ou inspirez-vous de nos sélections
Découvrez les plus beaux et les plus populaires points d'intérêt du secteur, soigneusement regroupés dans des sélections appropriées.
Avec RouteYou, vous pouvez facilement créer vos propres cartes personnalisées. Tracez votre itinéraire, ajoutez des points de passage ou des points-nœuds, planifiez des points d'intérêt et des lieux de restauration, et partagez le tout avec votre famille et vos amis.
Planificateur d'itinéraire

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=fr&params.poi.id=9069545&params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com