R. H. King Academy (formerly named R. H. King Collegiate Institute and Scarborough High School) is a secondary school located in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario and is part of the Toronto District School Board. The school was founded in 1922 as Scarborough High School and became R. H. King Collegiate Institute in 1954, named after the school's first principal Reginald H. King. It became an academy in 1989. King was the first secondary school built in the region of what was then known as the township of Scarborough and second-oldest surviving institution in the Scarborough district, after Agincourt Collegiate Institute.
Copyright: CC 3.0