During the 18th and at the beginning of the 19th century, four ferries crossed the Aare river between Bern and Thun. Increasing freight traffic from local farms at the beginning of the 19th century necessitated a bridge in the Hunzigenau. Construction of the Hunzigenbrücke began in the spring of 1835 and was completed by the summer of 1836. Construction of the N6 national road through the Aare river valley required a connection to the cantonal highway between the districts of Konolfingen and Seftigen. This would have increased the river crossing traffic beyond the old wooden bridge's capacity, so a new concrete bridge was built and after 136 years the wooden bridge became superfluous. After much discussion, the bridge was moved to Auguet. The bridge was renamed Auguetbrücke and opened to the public as a footbridge in 1974.
Muri bei Bern