Bülk lighthouse is located on the westernmost headland of the Kiel Fjord at the Baltic Sea coast of Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It is the oldest lighthouse at the Kiel Fjord and serves as a guiding light to the entrance into the fjord. A red light sector warns of the Stollergrund shoal. It is a popular attraction for visitors.
Already in 1807 the Danish authorities had established a lighthouse and pilot station on the Bülker Huk headland. The tower featured six Argand lamps with curved mirrors but only became operational in 1815 due to the Napoleonic Wars. In 1843 this tower was destroyed by lightning. and it was replaced by a tower with a rotating lens.
Copyright: CC 3.0