The Degenershausen Estate (German: Gutsbezirk Degenershausen) was established in 1872 in accordance with the Prussian County Act of 1872 as an independent municipal estate together with a manor house. In 1928 the municipal estate was disbanded by an act of 27 December 1927. The estate then belonged to the municipality of Wieserode, now a village in the borough of Falkenstein, Harz county in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt. The owner of the estate during this period were Fideikommissherren Hans-Heinrich Freiherr von Bodenhausen-Degener (1839–1912), Eberhard Freiherr von Bodenhausen-Degener (1868–1918) and Hans Wilke Freiherr von Bodenhausen-Degener (1901–1937). The estate is now a landscape park (Landschaftspark Degenershausen) which is also checkpoint no. 202 in the Harzer Wandernadel hiking network.
Copyright: CC 3.0