The Kreuzschule (English: School of the Cross) in Dresden, (also known by its Latin name schola crucis) is the oldest surviving school in Dresden and one of the oldest in Germany. As early as 1300, a schoolmaster (Cunradus puerorum rector) was mentioned. It was founded as a grammar school for the singers of the capella sanctae crucis (English: Chapel of the Holy Cross), now the Dresdner Kreuzchor. The school is now a Protestant Gymnasium, officially called Evangelisches Kreuzgymnasium.
Copyright: CC 3.0