The village is located about 3 miles north of the old town of Dassel in a rural area, right east of Amtsberge.
Today's village is located on a site where in the Middle Ages a village named Binder was located. A deed of 1360 cites ownership rights, that the Imperial Abbey of Corvey sold by then to the counts of Pyrmont. This village was destroyed in the Thirty Years' War.
Copyright: CC 3.0