Rethen - Leine is a part of the town of Laatzen in the district of Hanover, in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated south of both Hanover and the center of Laatzen.
The name derives probably from the middle low German language and means "House of the Reed " or "Reed home" . Rethen was first mentioned in 1250 as a district of Gleidingen. The first chapel of the bishopric of Hildesheim was built 1448. In 1523, Rethen coincided with the Koldingen Office to the Duchy of Calenberg. In 1592, a school was established in Rethen. The construction of the railway line Hanover-Kassel brought a significant upswing, which intensified again from March 22, 1899, by the inclusion of the tram from Hanover to Hildesheim. The modern transportation promoted several industrial settlements, including the sugar factory in 1876, which had a long time national significance.
Copyright: CC 3.0