Admiral Hotel is a hotel in central Copenhagen, Denmark, located on the waterfront between the mouth of the Nyhavn canal and the royal residence Amalienborg Palace. The building is a former warehouse.
The building was originally two separate warehouses which were commissioned in 1781 for the newly chartered trading company, Østersøisk-Guineiske Handelskompagni which was established in 1781 and superseded by Pingel, Meyer, Prætorius & Co. The buildings were completed in 1787 to designs by engineering officer Ernst Peymann. They were taken over by the Crown in 1788 and then came into use as granaries. The two buildings were connected in 1885, creating the long building seen today. The building stored up to 30,000 barrels of grain.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Toldbodgade 24-28, 1253 Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark