Bernstorff Palace in Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark, was built in the middle of the 18th century for Foreign Minister Johann Hartwig Ernst von Bernstorff. It remained in the possession of the Bernstorff family until 1812. In 1842, it was bought by Christian VIII. For many years, it was used as a summer residence by Christian IX until his death in 1906.
Since then and until recently, it was used by the Danish Emergency Management Agency as an academy for non-commissioned officers, but it has now opened as a hotel and conference centre.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Jægersborg Alle 93, 2820 Gentofte, Capital Region, Denmark
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com