Public | German
The Aalborg Defence and Garrison Museum is a military museum in Aalborg, Denmark that covers all branches of Danish defence organizations.
The museum is located in a seaplane hangar, built by German occupation forces during World War II. The German seaplane base Seefliegerhorst Aalborg was established there in 1940. Following the war, the hangar was used as a storage depot for equipment of the Danish Civil Defence Forces. In August 2001, the hangar was provided to the Garrison Historical Society of Aalborg for the creation of a military museum. The building was renovated and the museum opened on 22 June 2002. In 2009 a second exhibition hall was opened creating a total exhibit area of approximately 15,000 square metres .
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
North Jutland, Denmark
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com