Source: Willem Vandenameele
The museum was built on land reclaimed from the San Francisco Convent in the 19th century.
The building is the work of Juan Daura and was inaugurated in 1838 in neoclassical style. It was originally called the "Provincial Museum of Fine Arts".
After a renovation, the museum has three departments : archeology, fine arts and ethnography.
Among the outstanding collections stand out: Phoenician anthropoid sarcophagi, 2 finds from Roman times and baroque painting rooms.
Source: Willem Vandenameele - Wikipedia
More about this place of interest
<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=en&params.poi.id=8425785" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>