Edinburgh Theological College was founded in 1810 to train Anglican clergy to serve in the Scottish Episcopal Church. In 1891 the college moved to Coates Hall in Grosvenor Crescent where it gradually expanded to include residential accommodation and a library. The college’s academic gown was black lined with thistle green. The college closed in 1994 and the site is now used by St Mary’s Music School.
Copyright: CC 3.0
City of Edinburgh