The King's (The Cathedral) School is a Church of England secondary school with academy status in Peterborough, England. The school is one of seven established, re-endowed or renamed, by King Henry VIII in 1541 during the Dissolution of the Monasteries for the education of "twenty poor boys". The King's School was recognised in June 1999 with the award of Beacon status. On 1 January 2011, the School became an academy and changed its name from 'The King's School, Peterborough'.
Copyright: CC 3.0