St. Mary of Furness is a Roman Catholic church located on Duke Street in Barrow-in-Furness, England. The congregation was founded in 1858, however the current building was constructed between 1866 and 1867 with £6,000 donated by Spencer Cavendish the 8th Duke of Devonshire. Designed by English architect E. W. Pugin, the spacious church originally seated 800, but has now been expanded to accommodate around 1,000 worshippers. In 1976 St. Mary of Furness and the church presbytery were granted Grade II listed status by English Heritage.
Copyright: CC 3.0