Wisley Airfield is a former wartime airfield located in the Parish of Ockham near Wisley in Surrey. Originally a grass airstrip, the runway was converted to tarmac in 1952 and used to test aircraft built at Weybridge by Vickers. All flying ceased in 1973 because the runway was too short for large aircraft and was too close to Heathrow. All the structures on the site were removed at the time the land was sold back to its principal former owner in 1980 for agricultural use.
Copyright: CC 3.0