Magheramason is a small village and townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. The village sits near the County Londonderry/County Tyrone border, 5 miles from the city of Derry and 9 miles from the town of Strabane. In the 2001 census, it had a population of 393 people. It lies within the Strabane District Council area.
In the 1870s, Presbyterians living in the Magheramason area began a campaign to have their own congregation. In August 1877, work began on a meeting house at Magheramason on a site granted by the Duke of Abercorn. The opening service in the new church took place on 17 November 1878, and the following year the Reverend Thomas Boyd was ordained its first minister. Rev. Graeme Orr is the current minister.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Strabane, United Kingdom