The "Sanctuary of Our Lady of Mount Carmel", better known as Carmine Church, is a church of Messina, in Sicily. It replaces the church itself, located near the Cathedral and destroyed in the 1908 Messina earthquake. It is located before the Courthouse, and it recalls the typical style of the eighteenth century before the destruction of the Messina earthquake. The church, built on the project of the architect Cesare Bazzani(Rome 1873 - Rome 1939), was consecrated July 15th, 1931, and then, in 2011, it celebrated its first 80 years after its inauguration.
Copyright: CC 3.0