Fontana delle Tartarughe

Well

IT |

Public | CatalanDutchFrenchGermanItalianSpanish

Source: Galzu

Copyright: CC 3.0

The Fontane delle Tartarughe (The Turtle Fountain) is a fountain of the late Italian Renaissance, located in the Piazza Mattei, in the Sant'Angelo district of Rome, Italy. It was built between 1580 and 1588 by the architect Giacomo della Porta and the sculptor Taddeo Landini. The bronzes turtles around the upper basin, usually attributed either to Gian Lorenzo Bernini or Andrea Sacchi, were added in either 1658 and 1659, when the fountain was restored.

Source: Wikipedia.org

Copyright: CC 3.0

More information

Address

Roma
Italy

Sponsored links

More about this place of interest

Routes nearby

Related channels

Sponsored links

© 2006-2017 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com