San Camillo de Lellis is a church on Via Sallustiana, Rome, Italy. It is dedicated to Saint Camillus de Lellis.
It was built under Pope Pius X, with construction commencing in 1906 and the first stone being laid by Cardinal Antonio Agliardi. It was consecrated and made a parochial church in 1910, granted to the Chierici Regolari Ministri degli Infermi, the Priest Ministers of the Sick, the order founded by Camillus. In 1965, Pope Paul VI elevated the church to the status of minor basilica and become the seat of cardinalatial title of S. Camilli de Lellis ad Hortus Sallustianos. Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne is the incumbent cardinal protector since 2001.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2019 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com