The Torre del Mangia is a tower in Siena, in the Tuscany region of Italy. Built in 1338-1348, it is located in the Piazza del Campo, Siena's premier square, adjacent to the Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall). When built it was one of the tallest secular towers in medieval Italy. At 88 metres (289 feet), it is third tallest after Cremona's Torrazzo (112 m (367 ft)) and the Asinelli tower in Bologna (97 m (318 ft)).
Copyright: CC 3.0