The Oldehove is a leaning and unfinished church tower in the medieval centre of the Dutch city of Leeuwarden.
Oldehove is also the name of an artificial mound on which in the late 9th century a church dedicated to Saint Vitus was built. Construction of the adjoining Late Gothic tower began in 1529, after the citizens of Leeuwarden demanded a tower taller than the one in the city of Groningen, the Martinitoren. In charge were Jacob van Aken and, after his death, Cornelis Frederiksz.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
More about this place of interest
<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=en&params.poi.id=5651354" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>