The Koornbrug, build in 1642, gave acces from the south to the island between both arms of the river Rhine, where de Burcht, the Shell Keep and the inner city is located. The name of the bridge comes from the corn being sold here. The bridge was renewed in the 17th century. The roof was added in the 19th century.
The bridge is a monument.