De Drie Waaien is a tower mill in Afferden, Gelderland, Netherlands which was built in 1869 and is in working order. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument.
The first mill on the site was a post mill that was built between 1832 and 1850. It was blown down in a storm in 1868. De Drie Waaien was built in 1869. In 1932, the sails were fitted with the Dekker system on their leading edges. It was the first mill in Gelderland with this feature. The nill was restored in 1965. New sails were fitted that were constructed to the traditional Dutch design. A further restoration was undertaken in 1996. The mill is owned by the Gemeente Druten. It is listed as a Rijksmonument, № 14155.
Copyright: CC 3.0