Nothing remains of the Castle of Tilburg itself, aside from a door in the possession of Interior Design Donders. On the site where it once stood, the outlines of the foundations in brick are displayed. A little further down, on Hasseltstraat, one of the two castle yards still stands.
In 1754, the then-owner, Gijsbertus Steenbergensis Count of Hogendorp van Hofwegen, had the castle, which had already been standing since the mid-15th century, demolished. He replaced it with a new building. That too was demolished, in 1859, by the person who had purchased it from the Van Hogendorps, wine merchant Johannes van der Made from Klundert. The textile factory N. Pessers & Sons, which was built there in 1876, was demolished in 1977.
Excavations from 1978 to 1980 produced thousands of archaeological findings.
Bron: Tilburg Wiki
| | Publiek | Deens • Duits • Frans • Italiaans • Nederlands • Spaans
Selecteer hieronder één van de populairste activiteiten of verfijn je zoekopdracht.
Ontdek de mooiste en meest populaire routes in de buurt, zorgvuldig gebundeld in passende selecties.
Selecteer hieronder één van de populairste categorieën of laat je inspireren door onze selecties.
Ontdek de mooiste en meest populaire bezienswaardigheden in de buurt, zorgvuldig gebundeld in passende selecties.
Met RouteYou kan je eenvoudig zelf aangepaste kaarten maken. Stippel je route uit, voeg waypoints of knooppunten toe, plan bezienswaardigheden en eet- en drinkgelegenheden in en deel alles met je familie en vrienden.
Routeplanner

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=nl&params.poi.id=2579888&params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com