The Clérigos Church is a peculiar Baroque church. Its tall bell tower, the Torre dos Clérigos, can be seen from various points of the city and is one of its most characteristic symbols. Construction of the church began in 1732 and was finished around 1750. The lateral façades reveal the almost elliptic floorplan of the church nave. The tower is 75.6 metres high, dominating the city. There are 225 steps to be climbed to reach the top of its six floors.