The Praça da Figueira is a large square in the centre of Lisbon, in Portugal. It is part of the Lisbon Baixa, the area of the city reurbanised after the 1755 Lisbon earthquake.
In the 16th century the square did not exist, and most of its area was occupied by the Hospital Real de Todos os Santos , the most important in the city. In 1755, after the great earthquake which destroyed most of Lisbon, the hospital was greatly damaged. It was demolished around 1775.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Travessa Nova De São Domingos Nº 9 2º Esq., 1100-372 Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal