Square Tavern, also known as the John West House, The Square, and Newtown Square Tavern, is a historic tavern located at Newtown Square, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The original section was completed in 1742, and is a 2 1/2-story, rectangular gable roofed brick building, measuring 32 feet wide and 28 feet deep. A small two-story kitchen addition was built sometime before 1798, and later replaced with a two-story wing. The wing was removed during the 1981 restoration, which returned the building to its 1742 appearance. The building serves as a museum and home to the Delaware County Tourist Bureau.
Copyright: CC 3.0