The Packard Motor Corporation Building, also known as the Press Building, is a historic office building located at 317-32 N. Broad Street between Pearl and Wood Streets in the Callowhill neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was built in 1910-11 and was designed by Albert Kahn of the noted Detroit architectural firm of Kahn & Wilby. It is a seven-story, steel framed, reinforced concrete building – one of the first uses of that material in a commercial building. Clad in terra cotta and featuring an ornamented canopy and a prominent overhanging roof, the building housed a showroom and new car inventory space for the Packard Motor Car Company. The showroom was remodeled in 1927 by Philip Tyre.
Copyright: CC 3.0