The Church of St. Denis in Liège, Belgium, is a former fortified collegiate church, founded by Notker of Liège in 987 and first consecrated on 12 March 990. The tower was added around 1100. The church has since 1936 been registered as a listed building, and is currently listed as "exceptional heritage" of Wallonia.
The Church of St Denis was one of the seven collegiate churches of Liège, which until the Liège Revolution of 1789 collectively comprised the "secondary clergy" in the First Estate of the Prince-bishopric of Liège. The church was suppressed in 1797, but the building was taken into use as a parish church in 1803.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0