The original location of the Kruiskapel initially held a calvary cross, but after five miraculous healings had taken place there it was replaced with a chapel in 1750. This chapel disappeared in the late 19th century when Kruisstraat was widened; the current chapel was built in 1900. It was built in a neo-Gothic style according to a plan by Izegem-born architect Jules Vercoutere. The original cross can still be seen inside. Until the 1970s, people from the surrounding area would come here at midnight on New Year's Eve to pray for a prosperous year.
Copyright: All rights reserved