After the castle was sold for demolition in 1812, it was allowed to fall into rack and ruin over many years. In 1969, it was finally decided to rebuild and refit the Castle on the basis of documents dating from the Middle Ages.
Nowadays it is possible to visit the Castle, which is located on top of a rocky outcrop 800 metres below Robertville reservoir, at set times on weekends, public holidays and during the school holidays. Guided tours are given in French and Dutch. Tours in German are offered on the last Sunday of each month at 14.00 hrs.