Source: Willem Vandenameele
The Tank Monument is a war memorial on the Quai du Gravier overlooking the Ourthe.
The tank is of the M4A1 Sherman type and this particular tank was nicknamed AMBOY . The Sherman tank replaced the M46 Patton in 2004 , donated to La Roche by the Arlon Infantry School in 1990.
During World War II, La Roche-en-Ardenne was largely destroyed during the Battle of the Bulge . 114 residents lost their lives. On January 11, 1945, La Roche was liberated by the British and Americans.
Source: Willem Vandenameele - Wikipedia
More about this place of interest
<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=en&params.poi.id=8426659" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>