In the heights, in the center of the cemetery, this small Romanesque chapel , characterized by its slate tower, is one of the most remarkable elements of the city.
Dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary , it was built in the first half of the 12th century and remodeled in the 16th century. It was then the subject of an important archaeological restoration carried out in 1887 by the architect Edmond Jamar. We owe him the reconstruction of the aisles and the nave skylight as well as the repair of the windows. The slate roof is characterized by the presence of a square spire topped by a tall octagonal tower flanked by four pyramids. It ends with a cross and a partially gilded wrought iron cockerel.
Source: Willem Vandenameele
More about this place of interest
<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=en&params.poi.id=8427031" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>